Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
AVILLE COWORK is a co-working community designed for adults. AVILLE COWORK’s website and AVILLE COWORK’s membership is not for use by persons who are under the age of 18 years.
AVILLE COWORK does not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age, and prohibits children under the age of 13 from using all interactive portions of this website, including leaving any comments, filling out forms, or otherwise submitting information. If we learn we have any information or content from anyone under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
Personal Information We Collect & Use
Information Collected by Us
AVILLE COWORK may collect, use, and is responsible for certain personal information that you provide. You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to merely access or visit this website.
We may collect personal information from you when you voluntarily sign up for emails or free information, register for an online event, become a member, leave comments on this website or any other related website or forum associated with AVILLE COWORK (including but not limited to any AVILLE COWORK group or subgroup on Facebook.com or Slack), fill out any type of form, access private membership pages, or otherwise contact AVILLE COWORK via an online form or email.
Information we collect may include:
- Your first and last name, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- Information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- Your payment information such as credit or debit card details and bank account details
If you attend an event we collect:
- Name, email address
Why We Collect Personal Information and How We Use It
We collect this information in order to
- send periodic emails on AVILLE COWORK events, programming and news, or communicate promotions
- improve our services and website performance and customer service
- conduct surveys or request feedback from you regarding AVILLE COWORK’s services and amenities
- personalize your member experience at AVILLE COWORK
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, each email from AVILLE COWORK includes detailed instructions for unsubscribing from these email communications.
AVILLE COWORK may collect domain information and “cookies” (small files saved on your hard drive by your web browser) to analyze website performance, track user patterns, save information from your previous visits and customize your experience.
If your browser sends a “Do Not Track” signal, only a generic cookie will be placed on your device while the website is accessed.
AVILLE COWORK’s systems also gather information about the areas you visit, search terms you use on this website, and the links you select from within this website to other areas of the Internet in order to improve your experience.
Third-party vendors include:
- Eventbrite is our primary platform for online events, and will gather your name and email address when you register for an event.
- Survey Monkey and Qualtrix help us collect data from consumer and membership surveys to help us serve you better.
- Hotjar helps us better understand users’ needs on our website and improve overall website performance.
- Convertkit is our email service provider and records your name, email address, and location, and tracks history of emails opened and links clicked in order to improve the information we send based on your interests.
- Airtable helps us organize records and information, and may be used to store personal contact information or details about your business.
- Facebook Pixel helps us with advertising efforts on Facebook.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
AVILLE COWORK respects your privacy and will never sell, trade or transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties (beyond what is necessary for fulfilling a customer transaction or for the basic functionality of an online service) without your consent.
AVILLE COWORK may release personal information to enforce its Website Terms and Conditions of Use, other Terms and Conditions, manage its business, protect users or the general public, or to otherwise comply with legal obligations.
If you give AVILLE COWORK your permission, it may also use personal identification information for internal or external marketing and promotional purposes.
On occasion, AVILLE COWORK may collect personal identification information from you in connection with optional contests, special offers or promotions. AVILLE COWORK will share such information with necessary third parties for the purpose of carrying out the contest, special offer or promotion. We will ask for your consent to such disclosure and use of such information, prior to your participation in the contest, special offer or promotion.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You & Why
The provision of an email address is required from you to enable us to provide information via email. We do not require you to provide any personal data in order to access public areas of our website. We will inform you when we collect it whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will hold all non-client personal data until you let us know you would like for us to delete it or unsubscribe from our marketing contacts, which you are free to do at any time. We will hold all client and customer personal data in our files for six years.
Use & Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
This website is operated in the United States and third parties with whom we might share your personal information as explained above are also located in the United States. If you are located in the EEA or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
These countries do not have the same data protection laws as the EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the United States provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the derogation in Article 49 permitting non-repetitive transfers that concern only a limited number of data subjects, as permitted by Article 49 of the General Data Protection Regulation that is designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
If you would like further information, see “How to contact us” below. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
If you want to unsubscribe from receiving e-mails from AVILLE COWORK, you may do so at any time. Each email from AVILLE COWORK includes instructions for unsubscribing from these e-mail communications.
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
You may also have the right to claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, visit www.gdpr.eu.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email or write to us
- Provide us enough information to identify you, including the first and last name plus email address associated with your account
- Provide us proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Provide us with the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable authorities of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please note that any comments or information that you post on the website, including the AVILLE COWORK membership site and social media pages, become public and third parties may use your information. AVILLE COWORK is not responsible for any unauthorized uses by third parties in such context. You disclose such information at your own risk.
Links to Other Websites & Embedded Media
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Once you have used any of these links to leave our site, therefore, AVILLE COWORK cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting these sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites.
Certain parts of this website and associated membership pages may also include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, etc). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had visited the other website and is subject to separate privacy policies.
How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any question or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
- Email address: [email protected]
- Contact name: Jill Knobeloch, Founder
- Postal Address: PO Box 60002, Chicago IL 60660
Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see “How to contact us” above).
Policy Last Updated February 4, 2021.